Aston University Birmingham was first established in 1895, but later Royal Charter has granted this institute the status of university in 1966. So, as a university, it may not be a very old university in the UK, but this institute has more than 100 years old history in which it has produced some of the best alumni. Today, the university has students from more than 130 countries who give this university the status of a popular university for international students in Birmingham.
Why Choose Aston University Birmingham?
Aston Business School is included in 1% of the world’s business schools with three accreditations: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. The Master of Business Administration ranks 94th in the 2018 World University Rankings and 14th in the Financial Times in the UK. That’s not it, let’s take a look at the list of university achievements which make a perfect university for the international student, Aston University Birmingham is located in the heart of Birmingham.
- The Economists has ranked Aston University Birmingham at number 2 in term to boost the graduate earnings
- The institute is named under the most international university by Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Under the UK for the proportion of students, Aston University Birmingham has been ranked at the number by HESA
- According to TEF 2017it is a gold rating institute in term of teaching quality
- In terms of facilities, teaching, internationalization and innovation QS has given this university five-star rating Top 25 in the UK, with 88% overall student satisfaction in the 2017 NSS survey
- Ranked 20th in the UK with exceptional student experience at the 2018 Times Sunday Times Good University Guide.
Fees for International Students
This is one of few universities in the area which provide accommodation on campus to international students. The cost of living there along with the cost of food varies person to person but takes an average of £10,500 to £14,000 per year and it includes every type of expenses including travel and shopping etc.
For international students, the fee for a full-time course starts from £14,200 to £16,200 year but this is not a fixed mean. This means that the fee of course vary and also depends on the selection of course. The fee also varies based on degrees like Masters, MBA, and Bachelors, etc.
Aston University Courses
The university offers about 100 different courses to international students whether they are coming for under graduation or post-graduation studies. The faculty of Business and Management is most popular among all that’s why there is more number of courses that have been offered by this faculty. The other popular faculties are Medicine, health, IT, and engineering. Other faculties are:
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Business & Management
- Computer Science & IT
- Education & Training
- Engineering & Technology
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Medicine & Health
- Social Sciences
In short, Aston University Birmingham has a verity of courses available for international students. Choosing the best according to their interest can help them to land a good job after the completion of their studies.
What surprised the students most while studying at Aston was the amount of help and attention they provided. There is always more than one person you can approach any problem you have.
Birmingham is a vibrant city, and Aston is at the very heart of it. This means you can enjoy a comfortable life in a big city, all within walking distance. The best part of learning here is people. According to them, both their classmates and their teachers are open-minded, friendly, and a real asset of this University.
If you are an international student and looking to get an admission at Aston University Birmingham, Birmingham is the 2nd largest city in the UK, Please University Admission Center UK.