The De Montfort University, also known as DMU was founded in 1870 as a Leicester School of Art but got the status of university in 1992. Till now, the university has given some of the best alumni not just to the people of England but the world in different fields’ sports, design, fashion, arts, business and computer sciences and IT. In addition, De Montfort University is located in the beautiful city of Leicester which is only 60 minutes by train from Birmingham. An international student can live and work in a big city like Birmingham & can choose a program at De Montfort University
De Montfort University is offering courses of graduation or post-graduation or Masters in almost every field of life. According to stats, the average earning of DMU graduates in the UK is more than £34,000 – £42,000 per year. This makes it a valuable investment not for the students of the UK but also the other countries.
Why to choose De Montfort University
While the introduction mentioned above already gives reason to international students to get themselves enrolled in graduation and post-graduation courses of the DMU but here are some other top reasons which make one of the best university:
- DMU is known for their excellent teaching environment and recognized for it many times
- The university has been ranked as 61st by Guardian University Guide and 75th by Times University Guide in 2020
- It is also famous for its 13 National Teaching Fellows which are the second-highest numbers in the UK
- Their courses like footwear design and contour fashion have been renowned for its innovative teaching
- The university has 19 No. of students per staff and has 27%, international students
- The ratio f females to males in the DMU is 56:44 with total 19000+ students
DMU Fees for International Students
The university offers hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for both national and international students. On average the fee structure for the coming year are:
- Undergraduate course: Starts from £12,250
- Postgraduate course: Starts from £12,600 to £14000
This fee for international students by DMU is somehow low as compare to competed university in Birmingham. So if you are an international student, specifically from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal then this university is a great opportunity for you to land a high paying job after competition of study in the UK.
The university is currently offering Master programs in more than one dozen different demanding fields. This gives international students who want to study in the UK on student visas a lot of opportunities to choose the best themselves. Here is the list of fields in which they are offering different undergraduate and postgraduate programmers:
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Business & Management
- Computer Science & IT
- Education & Training
- Engineering & Technology
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Journalism & Media
- Medicine & Health
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
These fields further have the subfield to choose from. Overall the DMU is famous for its Business and Management, Arts, Design, and Architecture courses around the world after Law, Technology, and Engineering in different fields.
DMU Student Testimonials
On average students who graduated from this university recommend it for their passionate delivery of lectures by the lecturers. They also recommend DMU in terms of a good university as it helps students before, during, and after the studies. Housing, medical and library services are also mentioned more than good by the students.